Topic Tuesday: What's your #1 tip for maintaining a healthy work/life balance?

Sinéad O_Neill _London_ August 28, 2018

To make sure I get out of the office at a reasonable time every day I book activities with other people, thus making sure I can't cancel, unless it's urgent of course. It just gives you another level of commitment so that you don't end up staying to "try one more thing" at work! ;) So for example, I like to book in for a tennis match in the evenings. In the wintertime, I tend to book classes in advance like yoga, that way I don't want to waste my money by not turning up. :)

3 comments

Comment

Helen Griffiths _Capgemini_ August 28, 2018

Switch your work phone off when leaving the office! I'm so bad for giving it a 'quick check' when i'm at home :(

Oh yea good one! I've disabled my Slack notifications between certain hours!

Laura Gribble August 28, 2018

If I have a work related idea in non-work time I email myself and then move on with my day. I find 'exporting' it from my brain stops me going over it when I should be relaxing. So long as the email has enough information for me to pick up the idea again I don't worry about it until I'm back in the office. I do the same for home stuff while at work so I can focus. I'll set an alarm on my phone so know I won't forget to do whatever it is I've thought of at a more appropriate time.

Ooohhh I really like this idea! Must try it out! Makes sense to get it out of your head and then move on!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2018

For those on flexible contracts - sleep when you feel like it.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events