Topic Tuesday: What question would you like answered for you at our next AUG event?

Sinéad O_Neill _London_ October 9, 2018

Let's see if we can get you some answers! 

2 comments

Comment

Laura Gribble October 9, 2018

At the last AUG one the speakers said something about filters breaking when the owner leaves. We've just had someone who was instrumental to setting up dashboards throughout the company leave. So my questions are:

• What do we mean by "break"?
  • How do I stop it breaking?
    • Can I change the owner of a filter? I can't see an obvious way to do this
  • How can be I sure I've got all the filters he owns, not just the ones I have permissions to see?
  • Anything else I should be aware of for when he's deleted!?
Sinéad O_Neill _London_ October 9, 2018

Brilliant Laura! Thanks for this. I'll have these answers for you. And of course if anyone else here feels like helping Laura out, please do!

Gary Pasquale
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2018

One of the main reasons for a filter to 'break' is when any of the fields, issues, projects, etc it refers to no longer exists (or have changed in some way). The filter becomes 'invalid' and no longer returns any results.
Filters will always become 'invalid' from time to time as Jira evolves. It's just one of those things. There are two useful built-in scripts provided by the Scriptrunner app that can help with your other queries:
Change dashboard or filter ownership - This script will help you transfer ownership of filters from any leavers.
Switch to a different user - With this script, you could assume the identity of the leaver to see any filters that have not been shared.

Hope that helps :)

Sinéad O_Neill _London_ October 17, 2018

Thanks for this Gary!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2018

How do I decide between Cloud and Server?

(Yes, I know the answer, but a lot more people are asking, so I think it's worth a discussion!)

Sinéad O_Neill _London_ October 10, 2018

Oooh yes good one Nic! Thanks! 

Sinéad O_Neill _London_ October 17, 2018

This topic is going to be discussed at our next meet-up, thanks to you for asking!

https://aug.atlassian.com/events/details/atlassian-london-presents-london-aug-23rd-october-at-canary-wharf#/ 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events