Topic Tuesday: What is your dream job/title?

Sinéad O_Neill _London_ September 11, 2018

Oooohhhh this is a tough one! But I'd definitely like helicopter pilot in there somewhere! :D 

2 comments

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2018

My ideal job-description is "he who makes the cat purr".  Not sure I can turn that into a title, but you see where I'm going.

Sinéad O_Neill _London_ September 12, 2018

I'm picturing you as Blofeld with his cat now! :D

Graham Horsman September 12, 2018

I've had a few. But I always liked "Manager at Games & Puzzles" back when I ran a board games shop in Cambridge.

If it's literally anything I've never stopped wanting to be a Pilot. 

Ooohhh that does sound interesting! Did you get to play with many of the games?

A plane pilot?! That's too much responsibility for me! :D And a helicopter will get me closer to where I want to go! :)

Graham Horsman September 12, 2018

Yep. Knowing our products was a key part of the job. We (the owner and I) were actually keen tabletop RPG players and part of the store was dedicated to that. We ran games nights and on slow custom days would "demo" games to anyone who wandered in to pass the time. We also sold juggling equipment, books. A whole variety of stuff, it's one of the best jobs I've ever had and almost the lowest paid.

I applied to the RAF in my teens by my eyesight was too bad. They asked if I wanted to be a navigator but I wanted to fly the plane, not sit in the back...

Sometime later I made friends with someone who was an airline pilot (also world female gliding champion!) and they ran me through what you had to do to fly commercial jets. It's... pretty involved and you'd likely end up in an awful lot of debt. In the end I went with what I was good at instead, and ended up in an awful lot of debt anyhoo :)

I've looked at flying lessons since then but never had time, money or both so it may well remain a pipe dream.

That sounds SO cool! I love the idea of a games night! Must see if there's any on around London!

Oh no way! So it literally was your dream! Mine is more of a notion for when I win the lotto! :D 

Yea flying lessons are expensive, I won one once, so technicallly I can say I flew a plane! :D It was a small 4-seater. Put those lessons on your list of goals and you'll get there one day! 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events