Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topic Tuesday: How did you learn about the AUG programme?

Sinéad O_Neill _London_ August 14, 2018

Back in 2010 I hadn't been using the Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo) that long and I started searching online to see if I could chat to other users primarily about how they used the products. I didn't think the Atlassian documentation provided any help on how best to use the tools, so I wanted to discuss best practices and tips with other customers. I found a link to the AUG page and emailed Brittany, who was running the programme at the time, to see if she could link me up with other users in the area as there were no AUG groups in Ireland. I was lucky enough to be attending Summit that year so I met up with her and ended up signing up to become an AUG leader and had the first AUG event in Ireland in 2011! #ifyoubuildittheywillcome :D

1 comment

Comment

David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 22, 2018

Not sure, but the first one I went to was at the University of London - probably sometime  in 2009 or 2010. The last one I presented at was organised by Adaptavist at the National Archives, Kew in spring 2011. 

Since then, I think Atlassian have wrestled control of the AUGs away from partners and they've become more community driven. I don't get down to the London one as often as I could now that they are evening events. May I should try harder ;)

Sinéad O_Neill _London_ August 22, 2018

Wow you must have been at one of the first events! 

Yes we're trying to ensure that the events are what the community want, so if you've any suggestions or ideas, please let us know! 

Hopefully we'll see you at a future event, you might even present again?!!! ;)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events