Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce yourself - Rasmus Knudsen 7digital

rk-7digital August 7, 2018

Hi all,

My name is Rasmus Knudsen, not very English and most of you would giggle a little when pronouncing my last name ;-)

I live in Denmark, and is of Danish origin... hence the name. 

I work for the English company 7digital, where I am Business Operations Manager and a Atlassian evangelist.

My everyday workplace is in the Danish capital Copenhagen, and from time to time I visit the 7digital HQ in London.

Atlassian product experience

I have been working with Atlassian products for more than 5 years, and have in that time been working with:

• Jira (Server/Cloud)
    • Scriptrunner (mainly on Server, but are looking into Cloud)
    • Extended Schemes for Jira (Server)
    • Links Hierarchy (Server)
  • Jira Service Desk (Server/Cloud)
  • Confluence (Server/Cloud)
    • Team Calendar
    • Gliffy
  • Jira Portfolio
    • Still working on getting users to see the potential in this product
  • Bitbucket (Server/Cloud)

Out of these tools I have helped create a Service Delivery project for managing and tracking RCAs, Maintenance Windows and Release Management.

Current Atlassian project

Right now I am working on moving everyone in the company over to one Atlassian instance. The chosen platform is the Atlassian cloud, to minimize maintenance on server and software.

We currently got a Jira and Confluence on-prem solution + another Atlassian Cloud instance. My work is to merge what needs to be merged, and minimize the amount of workflows, custom fields, screens, etc. So the new instance only got the necessary components for providing the best tools, so the company teams can get work done quickly.

4 comments

Comment

Nick_Morgan August 7, 2018

Nice to meet you Rasmus!

Looks like you have some great experience with the tools. It will be good to hear how you get on with the merging of the instances and how you overcome the challenges! :)

Likewise Nick.

There might be an update about it when the project is over.

Andy Hurley August 7, 2018

Good to meet you Rasmus!

I hope you are not setting up for issues merging people onto the cloud. Last time I checked there was still a maximum user limit of 2000 on cloud and a storage restriction too - it's one of the main reasons we moved our users onto datacentre last year.

Nice to meet you too Andy.

Thank you for the info, it is something I have looked at in the start of the project. Atlassian have this nice page for getting a better idea about all the limitations: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/restricted-functions-in-atlassian-cloud-apps-744721664.html

The Pros and Cons page was also very good, and here I also saw the limits you mentioned.

The user part is not the biggest concern, as we roughly will be around 300 in the instance.

The disk space limit was the only one that concerned me. 25GB is not a lot for both Jira and Confluence. Still as we are starting the instance more or less from scratch to clean-up in all our legacy projects and pages, then I am certain we should be able to keep ourselves within the limit.

Else there is always the option to create another instance and link the two together ;-)

Mainly I see a lot of benefit for us, by moving the whole administration of keeping the Atlassian services live and updated, away from my System Administrators and over to Atlassian.

Nick Coates
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2018

Nice to meet you Rasmus, too! Sounds like you have some awesome experience with Atlassian tools!

Thank you Nick and nice to meet you too.

Simon Haighton-Williams August 7, 2018

If you're particularly interested in ScriptRunner cloud we can try and nudge some of the team to come to the London AUG, or you can probably pop by the office for a beer sometime.

Thank you for the offer Simon, I might get back to you on that.

Right now I am still testing and trying to see if and how I can build similar automation, as we currently got for Service Delivery project (used to manage RCAs, Maintenance Windows and Release Management).  

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events