cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce Yourself - Nick Coates

Nick Coates
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2018

Hey Folks!

Nice to meet everyone, and excited about the London AUG! 

I am the Technical Lead of Status Page at Symantec, and have been using Atlassian tools for the past several years. My primary role is to manage and grow Symantec Status, the primary tool for 15 of Symantec's cloud security products on communicating outages to our customer base, and implementing ITSM best practice for the cloud.

Current tools that we use include Statuspage, JIRA (Software + Service Desk), Confluence and Bitbucket. In the past at Symantec, I deployed Jira Service Desk (Data Centre) into our AWS environment, with a user base of 1000 team members, along with a Data Centre platform for Confluence. 

I attended my first ever Summit last year in San Jose (and was super excited about the new branding!) and will be attending my 2nd Summit in Barcelona in September - who else is going?!

Aiming to attend the next AUG meet up (I'm based in Reading so not far from London at all).

Looking forward to reading more introductions!

Best regards,

Nick

2 comments

Comment

Nick_Morgan August 7, 2018

Hey Nick,

Nice to meet you. I'll be in Barcelona this year so I'll keep an eye out for you!

Nick

rk-7digital August 7, 2018

Nice to meet you Nick,

We also use statuspage, which I think is a great product.

I like your landing page: https://status.symantec.com/ is that a part of statuspage.io or is it custom made?

Nick Coates
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2018

Thanks @rk-7digital. The landing page is custom made, it's a simple 1 HTML page (with CSS + JS) that connects to the Statuspage.js widget and pulls the top-level page status of each of our pages. Sits on on an AWS Cloudfront distribution that pulls from an S3 Bucket - super simple, cost very little to run but generates 100,000+ visits a month.

As all our product engineering teams are silos, a single Statuspage didn't work for us but I didn't want customers to have to remember the URL or bookmark so built this simple landing page.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events