Happy New Year!!! Speakers Required.

Sinéad O_Neill _London_ January 7, 2019

Happy New Year to you all!

Hope you enjoyed the break and are looking forward to another year of Atlassian AUG events. If you haven't attended one before, this should be the year! We're an open, friendly group, hoping to share ideas and knowledge with the Atlassian community in London. 

We're in need of a venue for our January meet-up. If anyone could host us on the last Tuesday/Wednesday of the month, please get in touch at sinead.oneill@atlassianusergroup.com.

Thanks,

Sinéad

Latest: As you can see from Tom's message we've found a venue, but if you or a colleague would like to speak at the event, please get in touch! 

2 comments

Comment

Tom Harris January 11, 2019

Hey everyone, great news! We have a venue for our next London AUG on Tuesday 29th January at The Royal Exchange 🙌

We're looking for speakers to talk about Atlassian tools at the event. This could be an interesting story, use case or even just your experiences using the tools for your work. People who come to AUGs are from such a wide range of industries that your story will be helpful to others in the room!

If you'd like to speak at this (or any future AUG) or want to ask a question about the event please send me an email: tom.harris@atlassianusergroup.com

Thanks,

Tom

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2019

Hi

For future reference, I've just started work at Cheil.uk. They are a marketing org and have a great presentation space called the Hangar. I've spoken to the IT Director and he is keen in principal to host an AUG. 

I think he would like to mingle and chat himself :-) Cheil are interested in security and AWS scaling. I may have a lead for a speaker on next gen biometric security from an outfit called Callsign.

Could you give me a heads up on general format and numbers to pass back.

Else I'll see you on 29th fro my first AUG attendance !

Tom Harris January 14, 2019

Hi @Tom Lister,

Thanks for letting us know about your interest in hosting an AUG at Cheil, we're always looking for new and interesting venues and that sounds like it would be a great fit for us :)

For speakers we're looking for people to talk about their work and/or experiences with and around the Atlassian tools, so hopefully your speakers would be able to link their topic with an Atlassian theme.

The formats for AUGs are typically evening events from 6:30pm - 9:30pm and we usually have around 60 attendees, but sometimes up to 90 if we give people enough warning! We are able to provide food and refreshments for the event (usually pizza 🍕). For the event space we would need a room that has a screen, projector and PA system.

I hope that covers everything you need, but please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!
Tom

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events