It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Recommendations for a Confluence plugin to support document management?

We are looking to use Confluence for document management to meet quality and compliance functions. Specifically, we want a plug-in that has a create, review and approval workflow for documents, including version control. Does anyone have any recommendations for plug-ins they have used in this manner?

4 answers

4 votes

I'd take a look at Comala workflows - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/142/comala-workflows?hosting=server&tab=overview - your question is pretty much their main user story!

Comala seems like a good start. Thanks Nic!

Hello Chante,

We found Comala Workflows for Confluence to be the best solution. It is Part 11 compliant. 

As far as version control, take a look into K15t's Scroll Versions for Confluence. When pages (documents) are superseded, use the page Restrictions feature in Confluence.

Hope these help.

Very helpful Michael. Thank you!

Hi Chante, just curious, do you manage documents as content in pages in Confluence (as described by @Michael Iglesias) or as attachments to Confluence pages? To echo @Michael Iglesias recommendation, Comala Workflows has event triggers for attachments: https://wiki.comalatech.com/display/CWL/Attachment+events.

We actually do both. Are controlled documents are managed as attachments and general work instructions are managed as content in the Confluence pages. I think Comala will be our starting point. Thank you Andy!

Hi Chante,

please check our app Smart Attachments for Confluence. It can be used for document management in Confluence and preserves the native user experience of file managers. So you can keep your documents and files in the centralized storage and access them at once.

If you have any questions, feel free to drop an email to vrutkevich@stiltsoft.com.

Sincerely, Vadim

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Posted 13 hours ago in Off-topic

Miscellaneous Monday - Where it all started.

Happy Monday everyone! If you're anything like me, you tend to think a lot about what the future looks like. What are my kids up to in 15 years? Have we solved for climate change? How could TVs poss...

88 views 13 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you