Using Atlassian in clinical environments

Leslie Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 14, 2017

A big theme that came from the Life Sciences user group at Summit is how to move Atlassian beyond software development and into the business and clinical environment. Let's start the discussion here!

2 comments

Comment

Jeff Robertz January 10, 2018

I believe Atlassian products are powerful and could support medical processes. The shortfall is that at the moment, the configuration takes a lot of expertise and effort and the interface is too complex, despite meeting the needs of developers. Medical practitioners do not spend their entire day in front of the tools, like we do, hence the learning curve is too big.

Do not take me wrong, I am a strong believer this will be possible one day, would love it!

Like Fernando Bordallo likes this
Edgar Smeets September 25, 2019

Hi all, already a few years back I had the idea to start using JIRA (server) for managing risks/decisions in the field of clinical research. 

Together with a business friend who is expert on servers etc. we came up with the a demo product we called ACTRIS. The intention was to offer this as SaaS to my clients; small teams working across a few countries on a small clinical trial. However, it turned out to take too much of time to use the server approach, not cost-effective, and also, it was difficult to show to potential clients.

Now with the recent JIRA Cloud, we revived the plan live, and will start offering ACTRIS as an added feature to my consulting activities for one of my current clients. This is a pilot of course.

I am very keen to see the product function in the risk-adapted, highly-regulated, quality driven, environment, where recently the adoption of new technologies in getting the work done got embraced.

I would be happy to share further ideas.

Regards, Edgar

Like Ryan Carpenter likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events