Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Courses not being checked off upon completion

Austin Collin Magers May 1, 2020

I have completed 1) Course Overview and 2) Agile and Jira Overview. 1 has been checked off as completed but 2 has not. Any ideas?

5 comments

Comment

Ben Thoma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2020

Hi @Austin Collin Magers 👋

I'd suggest continuing and seeing if the next module gets checked off as expected. Perhaps a video didn't reach the absolute end? Maybe it just needs a moment? 😀 If you are still not seeing it marked as complete, you can flag it with our team as a bug here.

Like Nicholas Woltring likes this
Mahesh EV May 14, 2020

Same here in my case also, i have read video with out any break but not showing that complete

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2020

I had the same issue. It happen in 3 different occasions:

1. Pause the videos several times to think about the questions

2. Take a break and log back in. then I skip to the module where I left off. But if I go the next one, it's fine. 

3. If I refresh the screen during some delay, then start at the point where I left off. 

I just move on since it doesn't seem to impact anything. However, I had this happen to a skills badge and its a hassle because you need to show completed. 

Ben Thoma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 5, 2020

Hi @Austin Collin Magers & @Benjamin! I did a bit of research with a teammate and we confirmed that at least 95% of each video needs to be viewed in order to be checked off.

If you happen to skip ahead in a video, you would need to go back and make sure you watch that portion you missed. Or if you end a video early (perhaps more likely) and move on to the next one, you'd need to go back and find the unwatched potion of the video.

I did some math to see what that would mean for videos of different lengths:

• For a 10min video you would need to watch all but 30 seconds to make sure it's checked off.
  • For a 5min video you would need to watch all but 15 seconds…
  • For a 1min video you'd need to watch all but 3 seconds…
  • And so on.

Note: the unwatched portion of the video may be anywhere in the timeline, and to my knowledge there's no way to see what portion was unwatched—other than your own memory.

I hope this helps, and thanks for prompting me to look into this. I learned something new, myself!

Like # people like this
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2020

Thanks @Ben Thoma . I'll keep an eye on this. 

Nicholas Woltring May 8, 2020

I have the same issue currently. I've watched all the lectures and the demos but one of them never shows complete, I've watched it straight through with no pause until the counter says 0:00 and it still doesn't show complete. I've submitted a ticket for it.

Ben Thoma
Atlassian Team
May 8, 2020

@Nicholas Woltring Thanks for submitting the ticket. I think the issue may be deeper than I can see!

Carl C_ Norman May 9, 2020

I had the same problem with a couple of lessons.  I watched them completely but they would not be marked completed.  Only after letting them run again, in one case it took three times, did I finally get it to be complete.  Also, you have to download the course materials to be marked complete for the entire course.  I appreciate the free training and will be using additional courses. 

CI May 11, 2020

Same issue in the Jira Essentials. Quite annoying.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events