How to be project manager through Jira Software Tool?

S_Basnet May 5, 2020

I had done MBA in past and want to be a project manager. I found Jira is essential to be a project manager in IT and software business which have agile team work.

so I am trying my best to get basic knowledge to be a project manager.

Any suggestion ??

Thank You

surendra

2 comments

Comment

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 5, 2020

Start with these free tutorials.

Jira is like a tool box full of tools. Add the Atlassian Marketplace and it is like having a whole workshop full of tools.

To get a great end product (successful project) you need knowledge and ways of working which you combine with the tools.

A brilliant carpenter could probably make a much better side table than I could even if we were both given the same wood, hammer, nails, glue, and measurements but I also had access to a full workshop.

Same goes for project management and development.

Like Ben Thoma likes this
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2020

There is also a lot of really useful information available in the recordings of previous Atlassian Summits. Search youtube for Atlassian Summit to find loads of these or go to https://atlassian.swoogo.com/summit20_webinar_series/remote_on_demand

for the keynotes from 2020 and the newly released webinars starting with Jon Kern "Agile Jira configuration, or how not to f*** your customers" which will help you avoid some of the challenges Administrators can find themselves presented when they do not consider all the implications of that "one little change".

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events