Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimation problem

Martin Lee June 2, 2020

Hi all.

Ok i'm on Scrum project lecture 6 about 3.44 minutes in and it talks about estimation and story points in sprint backlog, but my version does not show them, can anyone advise what im doing wrong or missing?

Cheers

story points.JPG

2 comments

Comment

Steve Byrnes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2020

Hi Martin. The backlog for scrum projects should show story points, simply by adding values to the Story Points field on individual issues. If you don't see them, please attach a screenshot of what you see.

Martin Lee June 2, 2020

Steve thanks they dont seem to show, ive added 3 items to sprint draft and given the points but not showing in the summary, see attached.

CheersNo story estimates.JPG

Steve Byrnes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2020

Hi Martin. I believe you simply need to refresh your browser window. I created a next-gen scrum project and it worked for me. Estimation should be on by default, but you might want to verify this under Project Settings > Features.

Martin Lee June 3, 2020

Cheers Steve for the help.

Doh... yeah that did it perfectly, thanks, shame the training doesn't mention this or that you need to add estimates to each issue before they show in the sprint summary and total.

Diego Siqueira June 2, 2020

Hello @Martin Lee , this documentation could also be useful for you: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/configure-estimation-and-tracking/

Cheers

Martin Lee June 3, 2020

Diego thanks, this is helpful text, looks like it could be a bit out of date with the new next gen and Jira layout though

Like Diego Siqueira likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events