Completed all modules but no proof of completion

Frederick McLeish May 13, 2020

I completed the essentials course and had to go back a couple of times and rewatch certain videos since it never registered completion of the program. It shows on active dashboard as 13/13 but it did yesterday also and when I returned to dashboard today it showed 11/13 forcing me to watch 2 videos again. A little confused, I figure it is some minor glitch.

2 comments

Comment

Kris Schoen May 14, 2020

The same thing happens to me. Sometimes I go back to watch the video 2 or 3 times and it still doesn't record it. 

Ben Thoma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2020

@Frederick McLeish @Kris Schoen I'm sorry to hear this isn't working smoothly for you. What I have learned is that at least 95% of each video needs to be viewed in order to be checked off.

If you happen to skip ahead in a video, you would need to go back and make sure you watch that portion you missed. Or if you end a video early (perhaps more likely) and move on to the next one, you'd need to go back and find the unwatched potion of the video.

I did some math to see what that would mean for videos of different lengths:

• For a 10min video you would need to watch all but 30 seconds to make sure it's checked off.
  • For a 5min video you would need to watch all but 15 seconds…
  • For a 1min video you'd need to watch all but 3 seconds…
  • And so on.

Note: the unwatched portion of the video may be anywhere in the timeline, and to my knowledge there's no way to see what portion was unwatched—other than your own memory.

If you are certain that your watch % is not an issue, please raise a ticket with the course videos that aren't registering as watched for you.

Ben Thoma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2020

@Frederick McLeish @Kris Schoen I also just learned of a workaround that you may want to try (not that it's ideal, but has worked for users in other study groups):

You can go to those videos that showed as "not viewed," and play them through once more (without listening) and made sure to not pause it and wait a few seconds at the end before clicking the next video that did not register properly. If you do this in another browser window, you can get other work done on the side.

Like Kris Schoen likes this
Kris Schoen May 14, 2020

Thank you for the information. I have listened to them numerous times, but sometimes my browser stops in the middle of the video, so I have to rewind to get it to play again. Maybe that is causing a problem.

I appreciate the information.

Frederick McLeish May 15, 2020

I ran through each of the videos which were unchecked to completion (without pausing) and reran putting it all together also, then it took.

Good luck!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events