Retiring/Archiving projects in jira

Chris Speier June 29, 2020

I was wondering what are other companies are doing with old projects of retired software/applications? 

How do we cleanup/archive/delete those projects?

2 comments

Comment

Stuart Capel - London
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2020

Hi @Chris Speier 

You can now archive projects... but only if you're on the premium product plan :(

it's a bit annoying, I would also love to have this but I'm putting in a proposal to upgrade to my senior team (I guess that's why they include it in premium with all the other enticing features)

Chris Speier August 19, 2020

We decide to put those projects into read-only scheme following some atlassian doc.  only the Admin can see them and could change them back to full view if needed.  

We are also making sure that all the stories and tasks are completed.

Like Stuart Capel - London likes this
Yevgen Lasman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2020

Some our clients just export the archive (giving them ability to store backup offline and restore if needed) and delete project. This works well for projects with large numbers of attachments to reclaim unused disk space.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events