Hello

Alain Wyss May 5, 2020

Hi all

just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Alain, I am working for a translation company and running the Jira (Cloud) for the testing department, where we ensure that the software looks good localized.

While we had Jira running for some time, most of my knowledge is from books or hands on, trying to solve roadblocks we run into (there seem to be quite a bit of "not supported in the Cloud" issues...) Hopefully, the training will show me some stuff I haven't seen yet.

That's it!

-Alain

2 comments

Comment

Ben Thoma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 5, 2020

Welcome, @Alain Wyss! So glad you took this opportunity to get trained. I'd love to hear what you learn in this course. Anything stand out so far?

Alain Wyss May 6, 2020

Still on it, as I started late afternoon.

Good to see the different levels of admin rights. Since I did it all, it was always hard to know what can be delegated to which level.

What I noticed is that some things are slightly different in my Jira instance(s). For example, the video refers to the jira-software-users group, which are only called jira-users on my end, and of course some menu items have moved around over time. I know it would be too hard to keep the training or its notes up-to-date with all the latest changes in the environment, but just a mention that the platform evolves over time and it might look slightly different would help keep the participant's sanity when things are different ;-)

Like Ben Thoma likes this
Mary Peek
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2020

Hi @Alain Wyss I'm happy to hear you're learning from the course! And thanks for your feedback.

Regarding the jira-users group, this is an older group for giving product access. Possibly you're using a site that's been around for a while or it was migrated from the Server platform. If you set up a cloud site now, the default groups for giving product access are jira-software-users for Jira Software and jira-servicedesk-users for Jira Service Desk. But it's fine to continue to use the jira-users group as long as it meets your needs. You can create an use any groups you like, as long as you give give them the correct product access.

We try to keep up with changes in the environment, updating the materials often to reflect current changes. But it's very difficult to keep in all the historical changes as I'm sure you can imagine.

Good luck on your training journey and please keep giving us feedback!

Alain Wyss May 11, 2020

Part 1 done.

While I might not have learned too much new, I am glad that the training reinforced what I knew, and confirmed that mostly I did things right.

On to part 2!

Thanks to the Atlassian Team to provide this LFH!

Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2020

Hello @Alain Wyss ,

Welcome to the group!

All the best!

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events