Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which one do you use Resume or CV or Portfolio ?

Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2021

When it comes to job hunt, which of the above do you use and any specific reason for the same?

6 answers

5 accepted

Suggest an answer

3 votes
Answer accepted
Roberto Miasack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2021

Hi,

The linkedin CV is usually sufficient for a first impression.
If the recruiter needs any additional information, she will ask.
Later in an interview with a leader or manager, the portfolio can be useful.

3 votes
Answer accepted
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2021

@Sri Kumar I used my resume, and try to keep my portfolio or LinkedIn Profile in sync with my resume.

2 votes
Answer accepted
Tamanna Godara
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 25, 2021

It also depends on the domain you are from. Since I am from marketing, resume has always worked for me. No one has asked me for a CV or portfolio. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2021

Hi @Sri Kumar ðŸ‘‹

I usually use a Resume or CV both as a hard copy and on LinkedIn. For marketing you sometimes need to dip into a portfolio which is usually via behance or a personal website but I find all three can be connected and interchangeable.

0 votes
Answer accepted
meshack musembi April 26, 2021

It Depends on the field you're in. Some may see your work and not actually ask for your C.V. But some may ask for all. But, Its good you always  keep them ready for just incase you need them.

0 votes
Damon Graymark August 31, 2023

I usually go with a resume. It's a quick snapshot of my skills and work history, which is what most employers are looking for initially. I've found it effective in grabbing their attention. Moreover, when I use this cool guide (https://excalibur.guide/ai/ai-resume-writing-prompts/). Portfolios are great for showcasing specific projects in creative fields. Good luck with your job hunt!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events