Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What salary should an Atlassian administrator ask for?

Kamil Beer October 13, 2018

Hello,

could you please help me figure out an Atlassian Admin's salary? For me, it is not easy to figure the salary range for this one, since not a lot of people I know work in this area so I have little to compare with.

I am working in Europe in IT as a freelance Atlassian Administrator. This means that I administer Jira, Confluence, Crowd, ranging from installing, upgrading, configuring, troubleshooting, consulting with users and doing a business analysis. I also have a intermediate knowledge of Linux, PostgreSQL and other parts of the application needed. This, and I own an ACP-100, 300 and 400.

I have 4 years of experience in the area professionally, and 3 years of experience in the area as a hobbyist.

What would be a appropriate hourly / MD rate to ask?

Thank you for any advice you might have, however unusual this question / discussion topic might be.

2 comments

Comment

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2018

Hi Kamil,

this is pretty hard to answer. Europe is big and has a great range of salaries, I think.

So if you are in an area, where salaries are lower at all, your rate should be lower, if you are somewhere with high salaries, you can take higher rates.

Sometimes it also depends on the customer, companies in the automotive sector may accept higher rates as education institutions.

Like Vinu likes this
Vinu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2018

Hi @Kamil Beer

Yes this is indeed a difficult one to answer!

I know of Jira administrators who ask 500-600 GBP/hour. But with your product experience and the certifications backing you up I feel companies will be ready to shell out 100-200 more.

Also as @Bastian Stehmannpointed out, this may wary with the area you are in. 

But whichever area it is, you can demand a much higher rate than the average that is there and people who need your expertise will be very willing to pay for it.

Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2019

Exciting prices for Russia per hour!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events