Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA Administrator wanted in Toronto or Kitchener/Waterloo

Craig McLaughlin May 2, 2019

Looking to flex your JIRA Admin muscles on a great team, supporting a large scale global user base, for one of Canada's most sustainable corporations?  We want to hear from you!

The posting is available at the attached link till May 15th, but you can get the inside track my reaching out to me directly here.  Be prepared to dazzle me though, we're not looking for any B-listers!  

https://sunlife.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/Experienced-Jobs/job/North-York-Ontario/Application-Developer_JR00018363

2 comments

Comment

Bogdan Gorka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2019

I am not sure if that is an error but the link attached leads to a job posting for JIRA Developer and not Jira Administrator. These are two completely different types of roles and the expectation is to combine it also with Adobe technology. 2+ years experience in administering JIRA is only one of many requirements. Quite confusing.

Like Craig McLaughlin likes this
Craig McLaughlin May 5, 2019

Appreciate the feedback Bogdan!

The role is primarily an administrator for JIRA, but due to our corporate structure, and HR job families, the role is posted as a developer.  Based on my experience on the platform, there is certainly overlap between administration and development, but that is definitely a whole other conversation. 

The Adobe aspect is undoubtedly unexpected, but I can assure you there is a method behind the madness. Our team is primarily operational in nature, and rather than labelling members in very rigid roles, we prefer to offer lots of technology and a variety of work to keep things interesting. Some common aspects exist between the two products, and how we support them, that makes this a nice fit. 

I hope this clarifies some of the confusion, and perhaps piques the interest of potential applicants. We have a dynamic team and looking to make it even better with the right candidate. 

Cheers!

Craig

Grinder Query May 15, 2023

Hello,

I hope this message finds you well. I seen your discussion about a JIRA Admin position with a magnificent team, supporting a large-scale global consumer base, for one of Canada's most sustainable corporations. It sounds like an exciting opportunity, and I'd like to share my thoughts on it.

Being a JIRA Admin requires a strong understanding of JIRA's capabilities and the capacity to effectively manage and aid its implementation within an organization. As a JIRA Admin, you would play a crucial function in maintaining the system, configuring workflows, creating customized fields, managing user permissions, and ensuring easy operation for the global user base.

In relation to your discussion, let me draw a parallel with a kitchen grinder. Just like a kitchen grinder is accountable for grinding various ingredients to perfection, a JIRA Admin grinds via complex issues, streamlines processes, and ensures that the system runs smoothly. Both require interest to detail, precision, and the ability to handle distinct components effectively.

A kitchen grinder often operates as the coronary heart of a culinary setup, enabling chefs to create delicious meals. Similarly, as a JIRA Admin, you would be an vital part of the team, supporting the whole project lifecycle, and facilitating collaboration among group members. Your efforts would contribute to the success of projects and the success of organizational goals.

Furthermore, just as you mentioned that you are not looking for any B-listers, a kitchen grinder additionally strives for excellence. It consistently delivers top-notch overall performance by grinding ingredients to the preferred consistency, producing outstanding results. Similarly, as a JIRA Admin, your expertise, dedication, and ability to address challenges would be key in maintaining the JIRA system at its first-rate and providing exceptional help to users.

If you are interested in applying for the JIRA Admin position, I would inspire you to click on the attached hyperlink before May 15th. Alternatively, you can reach out to the furnished contact directly to get the inside tune on the opportunity.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events