xhtml-macro vs macro

Thibaut Wavreille November 7, 2013

Hi everybody,

could you explain the difference between the tag xhtml-macro & macro ?

Thank you a lot

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Küken
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2013

The plugin type xhtml-macro was introduced with Confluence 4 as replacement for the old macro type. I can not tell you the exact difference between them, but if I remember correctly the most important difference is the support for the new xhtml macro code instead of wiki markup and the support for confluence mobile.

If you want to develop a plugin for Confluence 4 or above i would suggest, only to use xhtml-macro. Only if you want to support older Confluence versions the old macro type would be appropiate

0 votes
Sageevan Pathmaseelan January 7, 2015

Hi,

Could anyone explain the below exception when implementing <Xhtml-macro> in confluence version 5.5.0. 

"RuntimeException occurred while performing an XHTML storage transformation (null)".

Thanks.

0 votes
Thibaut Wavreille November 13, 2013

You're right. I found also this explanation when I searched tutorials (about macro). And I found a tutorial for confluence 4 with <macro> and another with <xhtml-macro>. So I made the same observation but I was not sure. So now, you confirm my opinion, thank you so much !

Suggest an answer