worklog insert time shown as 1:00 AM

Hi.

When looking at issue's WorkLog activity it's always shown that worklog is inserted at "1:00 AM" although it cannot be the case by any timezone. Is it a bug or by design or caused by our faulty configuration?

10 answers

1 accepted

Found out that we had a setting "Log work with start time" off in Tempo add-on. After enabling it work logs times started appearing OK.

Timezone seems not to make a difference at all, because all the worklog times appear the same. Times of comments are OK though.

And yes, we have users from different timezones using Jira.

Timezone seems not to make a difference at all, because all the worklog times appear the same. Times of comments are OK though.

And yes, we have users from different timezones using Jira.

0 votes

that's weird. Is there any timezone difference between the JIRA server and its client machines?

Today we discovered accidentally that hovering over 1:00 AM shows correct datetime in hovering popup.

Do you have the same behavior in the database ? or is just the display ?

Do you have the same behavior in the database ? or is just the display ?

The database entry has something like:

CREATED
UPDATED
STARTDATE
timeworked

2014-03-19 11:22:06
2014-03-19 11:22:06
2014-03-19 00:00:00

So I guess STARTDATE is used for that 1:00 AM that we're seeing, but I don't find a place to speficy worklog's start date(time?). Maybe it's somehow possible to use CREATED date in worklog list instead?

Any more recommendations about how we could solve this?

0 votes

Hmm... may be your date picker format is off or broken? You may want to double check that against https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/jira/__date+and+time+formatsif it helps. This is just a hunch though.

Just checked - date and time formats seem totally OK.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,085 views 13 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot