worklog by tempo

kA November 7, 2013

Hi friends,

I created the team by using the tempo in ondemand jira.The team contains the Team Leader and members. In tempo documentation they told , The Team Lead can put a time log for his members through his credential. I tried that one but i cannot able to put the timelog for members from team lead credential. Then i tried through the REST API by using C# coding.From that, Whenever i put the time log to the members,it will reflect on Team Lead time log.It could not update on corresponding members. If you know, please update how to done through the UI as well as C# coding with REST API.

Please share your views,

Thanks in advance,

Karthik A.

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 11, 2013

Hi Karthik,

Did you make sure you are on the admin group of the team and the users are on the normal group of the team?

These 2 Tempo guides may help you out:

* Time Tracking Permissions and Validation

* Tempo Permissions

Cheers!

Mauro

0 votes
kA November 18, 2013

Hi friends,

It is possible to put the timelog for the team members through the Team lead account by using the REST API.

Please share your thoughts,

Thanks in advance,

Karthik A.

0 votes
kA November 12, 2013

Hi Mauro,

Thanks for your updates.

I can able to put the time log for the team members manually from Team lead account. Is it possible to perform that one through REST API.

Thanks,

Karthik A.

0 votes
kA November 10, 2013

Hi Fernandez,

When i am trying to manually to put the time log for the team members it is show the following issues.

1.Selected user does not have permission to add worklog on this issue and

2.User is not Tempo User

0 votes
kA November 9, 2013

Hi Fernandez,

Thanks for your reply, i did what you are suggest but still i can't able to put the timelog for the team members from the team lead account.

0 votes
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 8, 2013

Hi Karthik,

The have been similare requests on the past so allow me to link you to this other Answer: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/171197/how-to-log-work-on-another-user-s-time-sheet

Basically you have to have the user in the admin group of your team and check the option "Team leader can log work for team members". Also make sure you are on the admin group of the team and the users are on the normal group of the team.

Cheers!

Suggest an answer