workflowgen versus jira

Yasso December 18, 2014

Hello everyone,

we're using atlassian and many other plug-ins for several years now and couldn't be happier. I personally have been and still am an advocate of atlassian internally within our company encouraging anyone to jump on it whenever it felt that it made sense. Now I've been approached from another entity within the company who are looking for a workflow tool with several extended features and have shortlisted among others workflowgen http://www.workflowgen.com/ .

I scrolled the internet hoping that somebody had done the exercise of comparing jira/ atlassina with workflowgen but couldn't find much. Perhaps that is indication that they serve different purposes nevertheless I wanted to reach out to you guys and see whether anyone has any experience that could share. 

Here is an exerpt of some of the requirements that they are looking for in a workflow management system:

• Ability to centralize project document storage
  • Supports resource assignment at task-level
  • Integrates use of electronic forms, checklists, documents etc. required for project management
  • Automated hand-offs and interactions between departments 
  • Automated task notifications, approvals, escalation, etc.
  • Flexible architecture design to allow for various workflow related templates
  • Supports global languages without re-programming
  • Ability to produce automated and scheduled reports and visual outputs on both a user and supervisor level, for example:
    • Project schedules 
    • Department schedules (by department, assigned personnel, etc.)
    • Upcoming milestones/tasks, overdue milestones/tasks
    • Performance data, e.g., cycle time on defined tasks and processes, missed dates, etc

At a first glance I didn't see anything on the list which I wouldn't be able to serve with JIRA, Confluence and other integrated plug-ins. 

What do you guys think?

cheers, 

1 answer

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2014

Youtube can be your best friend for demos (https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=workflowgen). smile

Though overall, only the first point should not be in JIRA (neither should it be in Confluence). WebDAV perhaps?

Suggest an answer