worked field copying its value in billed field automaticallly in worklog which needs to be disabled

asif khan May 15, 2014

when I work log in Jira, and put a value in the worked field, the same value automatically gets copied in the billed field. I believe that it might be a result of some provious setting through some plugin or some customization through some script.I want to disable it so that it does not copies any value in billed field when I put a value in worked field.

any ideas on why this is happening?what customization it might be and how it can be disabled?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2014

Maybe it's a calculated field? Are you using the script runner plugin? Other than that it might be some Javascript in your field description, or a custom plugin... If you look at the "billed" field, what type is it?

Could you also check whether you have the behaviours plugin installed?

asif khan May 15, 2014

Hi Christian,

i can see script runner nstalled in the Jira . other strange thing is, billed field is not present in the worklog attributes of tempo timesheet. iam confused where this field is configured. checked billed field type in debugger. it says type=text. i dont believe i have behaviour installed.

few queries:

if its a calculated field, how do we find what calculations it is making?how do we find that its a calculted field?

is there any method of applying rules or relations between two fields except behaviour plugin?behaviour plugin works only for create issue pafe fields.right?

i have script runner installed.but dont know how to find which all fields are saved.how to find it out?

thanks,

asif

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2014

Check the Script runner administration panel in your JIRA admin section, or type gg "Calculated fields". There you have a list of all the calculated fields

Cheers

asif khan May 19, 2014

Hi Christian,

I tried looking for calculated fields using gg.But I dont have any calculated fields.However, I do have the script runner plugin installed which has a number of dafault scripts.Does script runner has the ability to create a new custom field?Is it cabable of copying the value of one field to some other field? i can see a copy custom field value script here.

Thanks,

Asif

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 19, 2014

Basically the script runner plugin can execute scripts that are capable of copying field contents. If you don't see any custom scripted fields in your config it must be sth. else that's copying the values. The built-in scripts you are referring to is to make your life as an admin easier, it's not responsibe for the behaviour you're experiencing.

You could also have a look at the field configuration associated with that project and look for any customization to the estimate field's description

asif khan May 21, 2014

Hi Christian,

I finally figured out what was causing the copy of values.its a feature "allow user to set billed hours" in tempo global configuration.I created a new field and disabled that feature.Not exactly what I wanted, but a workaround .

Thanks for all your valuable suggestions.

Regards,

Asif

Suggest an answer