why when using any "resolution not in xxxxxxxx" also hides unresolved

Deleted user October 18, 2015

Basically if I try to filter duplicate or invalid issues it also hides all that have resoltuion is unresolved. Is it a bug? And can I fix this in any better way that just using "resolution in" for all the other possebilitys of resolution?

As I can't comment on the answer below..here it is:

Thank you for clarifying, I guess my logic was a little off then as I assumed "unresolved" counted just like other listed options. Is there a good way to not show invalid/duplicate while still listing all others including unresolved?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2015

It's hard to say what is going wrong here, as we don't know what your JQL is.

Resolution is probably working correctly though.  A select for "resolution not in x" implies that you are looking for stuff that has a resolution, but not when it is X.  So it ignores unresolved as that means "no resolution set".  It's like saying "show me all the cars, except the red ones".  When it's unresolved, there isn't a car to have a colour, so you can't select it with "all the cars".

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events