why the records of cwd_directory_attribute table always automatically deleted every 5 mins

DingXue December 26, 2017

I found the records of cwd_directory_attribute table always automatically deleted every 5 mins, and automatically insert again, why is that?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2017

It's to do with the way it processes directory synchronisation.

But why does it matter?  You should not be reading the database in Jira, so you should not care what it is doing there.

DingXue December 27, 2017

Because there have been two times of lost some records this week, one time lost ldap.basedn and ldap.user.filter, another time lost  ldap.based, ldap.user.filter and ldap.pool.initsize, this causes the jira can not log on.

It took a long time to find the cause of the problem, and manually insert records and restart jira to fix it.

In fact, the records deleted more than one time every 5 mins, I doubts the times is related by the count of users in jira-administrators group, every admin user will cause a delete and more then 40 insert. This could be a performance problem.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2017

Manually inserting records into a Jira database is a recipe for disaster.

You should fix whatever is failing on the "two times lost records", and stop messing with the database.

DingXue December 28, 2017

Yes, you're right.

I don't know why this problem occurs, and how to solve it.

Suggest an answer