why the dots on the kanban board are not resetting

Paul Farrell March 20, 2016

Hi,

If this is an existing ticket then my apologies for raising it again. 

On my Kanban board I see a row of dots at the bottom of each card. These dots represent 'days in column'. However, the dots don't seem to reset when the task is transitioned. 

Example - I have a task in my TODAY column. It stays there for 10 days and the dots show fully across the card. I move the task to my 'With Client' column (the dots show blank which is correct). A couple of days later I move the task back to my TODAY column and the dots show all the way across the card again. 

Should I be expecting to see the 'days in column' value reset when transitioning out of the column?

Thanks

3 answers

0 votes
Mykenna Cepek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2022

Folks using Jira Server or Data Center may want to check out this related KB article:

When the "Days in column" setting is enabled, an incorrect number of dots is displayed in the Sprint cards

0 votes
Paul Farrell March 22, 2016

Thanks for the link Michal but I'm not sure that helps me answer my question. I can see that there is a 'number of days' value but once I move the task out of that column, I would expect the value to reset. It doesn't seem to do that. I would prefer not to comment on the ticket as it seems to be talking about a different use-case. 

Thanks again

0 votes
Michael Partyka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2016

Suggest an answer