why jira5.x does not support DB2?

Chong Ming Wang September 2, 2012

we are use db2 in jira3.12, and now we want to upgrade to the latest jira version.

i found db2 is not supported from jira 4.0

1.can anyone tell me why jira jira5.x does not support DB2?

2.if i still want to use db2, how to config it manually?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2012

HI, Atlassian decided to drop support for a lot of databases and web application servers to reduce the time for testing and bug fixing. It's described in https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/End+of+Support+Announcements+for+JIRA.

To be honest, with JIRA 5.x not supporting Java 7 and Tomcat 7 even I doubt DB2 will be back any time soon. I'd recommend migrating away from DB2 for JIRA as there could be bugs and issues that you will not get support for.

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2012

In short, because there are too few installs on DB2. IBM shops tend to get everything from IBM (didn't understand why - I bet that most people having DB2 are also using Lotus Notes :) - how unfortunate - and tend to get Jazz (Team Concert) instead of Jira ). Support for DB2 ended at 4.0

Suggest an answer