why jira try active 2000 users ?

Paolo Botti July 1, 2015

We are confluence customer with 10 users.

Now I active JIRA with 10 users but Application access shows :

License usage

JIRA             1 used of 2000

Confluence   6 used of 10

WHY 2000 ?

5 answers

4 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 1, 2015

Hi Paolo,

Udo is correct, you have a JIRA license of more than 2000 users, which is probably incorrect. I do suggest to confirm with the sales team if this was the license you have bought and if you wanted the 10 user license instead.

Just open a ticket with the customer advocates project in support.atlassian.com and they should confirm this to you.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Paolo Botti July 1, 2015

Thks, I just open a thicket. Best regards. Paolo

2 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2015

Obviously you have a JIRA license for 2000 User. Note JIRA and Confluence licenses are totally independent.

1 vote
Paolo Botti July 1, 2015

Hi All,

ok, ticket reply :

".... As you are on an evaluation license for JIRA and JIRA Agile until 01-Aug-2015, you will have access to unlimited users until that point. Evaluation licenses automatically give you access to unlimited users. ..."

Regards

Paolo

0 votes
Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 1, 2015

There is a little more to it than that but that is the simple version.

0 votes
Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
July 1, 2015

That actually does seem weird. Do you pay annually or monthly? Because all monthly customers get 2000 user licenses for JIRA (an upper limit) because we read the number of users out of your product to decide how much to charge you and which "pricing tier" you are really on. If you pay anually however then your license should reflect what you purchased.

Suggest an answer