why is the source code link missing in some of our jira projects?

Aj Dellicicchi June 30, 2015

We successfully linked Github to JIRA cloud via the DVCS connector a few weeks ago. Since then, two of our projects were associated with the appropriate git repos (as evidenced by the Project Shortcut link on the left side of the project view shown below) . 

On other projects, however, that shortcut tab does not exist. My question is how does this linkage take place/tab get displayed?

I swear I had to click on the Link icon originally and choose the repo I wanted to link to the project...but maybe I'm not remembering correctly. Either way, that tab is only appearing for two projects even though I see information under "Developer Tools" and branches & commit history on other projects that had smart commits (but no shortcut tab).

I did change my github email recently, not sure if that could affect the integration. In case it could, I reissued the oauth token in case it had been invalidated.  Any advice is appreciated. 

Screen Shot 2015-06-26 at 3.56.54 PM.png 

1 answer

0 votes
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 21, 2015

Hi Aj, 

I'm not sure why the link is not showing up on the other projects. Are you sure that on this other project, commits and related things are showing up? To further investigate this I'd suggest you to raise a support request at support.atlassian.com so we can better help you out.

However, you can always manually add a shortcut on the side bar. See:

Screen Shot 2015-07-21 at 4.01.01 PM.png

Hope this helps! smile

Cheers!

Suggest an answer