why is the Assignee not getting notified when I assign a Jira to them?

Jude Kany December 3, 2018

A set of Projects are using a NEW Notification Scheme (to address people's complaints that they get way too many email notices...), where ASSIGNEE is set to get notified ONLY for the following events:  ISSUE Assigned, Resolved, Commented, Comment Edited, and Moved.

As Project Lead, I'm on EVERY notification event, other than Generic.

However, when I take an UNASSIGNED Jira and assign it to person X (a team member/developer), and also add a Comment in the Assignment dialog box --- person X gets NO email notices at all - not for the initial Assignment, nor for the Comment.

I'm thinking the only problem could be they are not actually the "Assignee" WHEN I change the assignment... but that makes no logical sense...

I've had two other people confirm that they are also NOT notified when they are already the Assignee, and I simply add a Comment to their Jira --- which really makes no sense!

What's wrong?  what other events do they need to be added to?

----------------

RE: Hosting details below, I thought our Jira was "in the cloud", but it does not end in atlassian.net.  However "About Jira" displays:  Atlassian JIRA v6.0.8

1 answer

0 votes
Pavan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2018

@Jude Kany Did you use the notification helper to check the which are able to receive the notifications and which are not ?

Jude Kany December 3, 2018

I've seen the list of "events" and I'm familiar with the roles, and I don't support the produc,t.  we have one person who does, but he never mentioned any "helper"?

Pavan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2018

@Jude Kany Use the notification helper with issue you will know why they are receiving notification and why not .

Suggest an answer