why is my remaining time not updating

Andy McCormick March 25, 2015

I'm having an issue where my Remaining Time on an issue is not be changed when I log work on a sub issue.  The colored bars adjust correctly however the numbers do not change.  

For the example with the screenshot below:

The parent task has an estimate of 7h. For the sub-task I logged 2h of work.  Even though the parent task is showing 2h of time logged it still is says that there are 7h of time remaining. 

I'm almost 100% sure that I saw before when I set time logged by a sub-task it was subtracting it from the parent task as well.

Capture.PNG

2 answers

1 vote
Felipevsw
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 27, 2015

Primarily answered in the Support request, but basically there are some suggestions asking for this to be changed and/or to be configurable:

The way it is today is by design. An Agile perspective is discussed in this topic: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/84349

0 votes
Andre Borzzatto
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2015

Hello Andrew,

If you try again to log work but not including the Remaining information, will it keep at the value of 7?

If you are using Tempo interface to Log work, which is different than JIRA, you might be putting a value for remaining every time you log work and this might be the reason why it keeps at seven.

It's just a guess tho.

Thanks!

Hope it helps!

Suggest an answer