why is my createValidationResult wrong? And why is the ErrorCollection empty?

Maja Stach April 15, 2013

I'm trying to create subTasks to an Issue.

In my code I create the Issue first and then I try to create SubTasks via issueService.validateSubTaskCreate(.....) and so on.

when I run my plugin it creates the normal Issue just like I intended. but gives me an exeption:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: You can not create an issue with an invalid validation result.

I've tried different things up until now. I tried getErrorCollection() on the validationResult, which came back empty. But when I tried isValid() it returned false and I have no idea why since I did everything like I did with the main Issue

here's what I did:
public List<IssueInputParameters> subTaskParameters(Issue newIssue, Issue oldIssue){
    	List<IssueInputParameters> newParams = new ArrayList();
    	List<Issue> currentSubTasks = (List<Issue>) oldIssue.getSubTaskObjects();

for(Issue issue : currentSubTasks){
    		IssueInputParameters input = issueService.newIssueInputParameters();

input.setDescription(issue.getDescription());
    		input.setIssueTypeId(issue.getIssueTypeObject().getId());
    		input.setProjectId(issue.getProjectObject().getId());
   			input.setSummary(issue.getSummary());
   			input.setAssigneeId(getLoggedInUser().getDisplayName());
   			newParams.add(input);
    	}

return newParams;
    }
    public void createSubTasks(Issue newIssue, Issue oldIssue){
    	List<IssueInputParameters> subTaskParams = subTaskParameters(newIssue, oldIssue);

for(IssueInputParameters params : subTaskParams){
        	CreateValidationResult createValidationResult = issueService.validateSubTaskCreate(getLoggedInUser(), newIssue.getId(), params);
        	IssueResult result = issueService.create(getLoggedInUser(), createValidationResult);
           	}
    }

Thanks beforehand.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Maja Stach April 15, 2013

Alright! I got it. just forgot to set the Reporter^^

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2013

Could it be failing because the parent issue is not created by the time you get to the subtasks? I think that might cause a validation failure with no actual results (it used to in version 3)

Suggest an answer