why cant we have Kanban within sprint?

Arun Batish September 15, 2014

I have worked on VersionOne and it supports and extremely useful and efficient, I used it in my last assignment and the team and management loved the combined model and as PM it was very useful for me to manage, control and report status

3 answers

1 vote
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2014

Hi Arun,

For that you can have Scrum board, and then configure the columns to look similar to Kanban.

Please let us know what specific feature of Kanban you'd like to have and we can see if it's possible to configure on Scrum board. smile

Cheers!

0 votes
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2014

Arun, I am not sure about that. 

What you can do is to visit 'Got Feedback?' page (click in this button at the bottom of your JIRA instance) and share this suggestion/feedback  for improvements directly to our developers. They will be able to get an answer back to you. smile

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Cheers!

0 votes
Arun Batish September 15, 2014

Hi Elisa

I am just starting my new project but here is the idea that I am thinking of implementing when I start my project

Sprint 3 weeks, I would like to see as Kanban states within sprints.

To Do

Analysis

Blocked

Ready

Developing

Testing

Done

Accept

Then you can have Threshold for each of the states on how many WIP you can have in each state and also implement Aging time line, if stories exceed any of the limits the color should change to warn the user.

Please let me know if this is something you can implement? Because it will not only be just a dashboard but also you may have to create some new reports as well.

Thanks

Arun

Suggest an answer