why am I watching an issue?

Olap May 4, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Watching and Voting on an Issue

I'm constantly being sent mails about tickets I don't care about, apparently because I'm being assigned as Watcher automatically. Where can I see why am I being assigned Watcher role automatically?

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2016

There are many routes:

• You click "watch" on it yourself
  • You have "autowatch" enabled in your profile and you comment or become the assignee of an issue
  • Another user has "manage watchers" rights and has added you
  • Some code (post-function, listener etc) is adding you for some reason

My guess is that it's definitely not the first, and probably not the second as you say you don't care about them.  I'd pick one issue that is annoying you and take it to the admins to have a look at the listeners and workflows.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2016

Somewhere, there must be something (like a post-function) that sets you as a watcher of that issue. Check with the Project Admin of the issues you are receiving.

Olap May 4, 2016

Thanks, but I am the project admin. Is there a setting where I'm being set as a watcher because I'm the project admin?

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2016

Check the workflow post-function OR check the Notification Scheme and check if your role is added in all the events.

Suggest an answer