who created a task / issue

alex mulas July 11, 2013

Guys,

is there a way to find out who/which user created a task / issue in jira on demand?

Under 'Dates' I can see the 'created' time stamp and can see the first action / comment that took place after the task was created, but not who created the task.

I can't assume the reporter create the task as the reporter can be selected when the user is creating the task and changed while the task is in progress.

Thanks

Alex

3 answers

0 votes
Mohammed Rashid July 16, 2013

There is no way to find out the creator as of now.
One work around is you can automatically add participants to watchers of the issue when an issue is created. But this will not help in the past tickets.

0 votes
Jeff Curry
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 15, 2013

At the moment the issue creator can only be captured during the issue created event of a JIRA workflow. Won't be possible to do anything with this outside of email notifications in JIRA OnDemand.

However I was able to find an existing feature request here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-31308 . I've linked this answers post which counts as a vote however your feedback and votes are welcomed on the feature request.

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2013

Can't you see it in the activity tab of the issue?

Best regards,
Peter

alex mulas July 11, 2013

Unfortunately the only thing I can see is the very first comment or action taken.

Suggest an answer