who created a task / issue

Guys,

is there a way to find out who/which user created a task / issue in jira on demand?

Under 'Dates' I can see the 'created' time stamp and can see the first action / comment that took place after the task was created, but not who created the task.

I can't assume the reporter create the task as the reporter can be selected when the user is creating the task and changed while the task is in progress.

Thanks

Alex

3 answers

Can't you see it in the activity tab of the issue?

Best regards,
Peter

Unfortunately the only thing I can see is the very first comment or action taken.

0 vote
Jeff Curry Atlassian Team Jul 15, 2013

At the moment the issue creator can only be captured during the issue created event of a JIRA workflow. Won't be possible to do anything with this outside of email notifications in JIRA OnDemand.

However I was able to find an existing feature request here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-31308 . I've linked this answers post which counts as a vote however your feedback and votes are welcomed on the feature request.

There is no way to find out the creator as of now.
One work around is you can automatically add participants to watchers of the issue when an issue is created. But this will not help in the past tickets.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,327 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot