while adding an additional Statuses under (Issue Attributes),I need to add additional things under"Category" drop down list .

sandhya May 5, 2015

new satetus.PNG

Under Category i need to add additional Category types with images.How can i get these options.

while adding additional "Status"  i am getting default Category types only(under drop down list like ,"To Do","Inprogess" and "Done')

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2015

You can't.  The list of categories is intended to give a very simple indicator to users about the lifecycle of an issue, and adding more quickly ends up duplicating the detail that status gives you.

Atlassian have said they're not going to change this.  See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-36241 - while there's a lot of comments saying "we want", I can't actually find a decent justification for adding more categories (although I totally agree with the comments about colours and most of the ones about where the category is used and how it's reported)

Suggest an answer