which plugin modules are currently in use?

Alex Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2014

Hello,

Is there any easy way to know which modules of a plugin are used in my installation?

I'm using a plugin that containts 20-30 modules that are mainly workflow validators, conditions, ... and I'm pretty sure that we are using only 2-3 modules.

The plugin changed from free to paid license, and I need to know this to see if it's worth to pay the license or we can just ignore that plugin

Any ideas?

Thx

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2014

Here's a suggestion:

1. Download a trial of Configuration Manager for JIRA and install it.
  2. Create a "System snapshot"
  3. Download the snapshot (an XML file)
  4. Search for your plugin in the plugins section
  5. Check the requiredBy attribute to see where it is used or search for all occurences of a pattern which is the plugin package (i.e. com.googlecode)

This will give you a list of post-function/transitions/validators used and you'll get an idea what exaclty are you using.

Here's a sample of how the plugins section looks like

<plugins name="JIRA Suite Utilities" key="com.googlecode.jira-suite-utilities" version="1.4.9" vendor="beecom AG" vendorURL="http://www.beecom.ch/" requiredBy="//@workflows.2"/>

And here's a sample xml of a workflow validator:

<stepTransitions name="Close" id="71" status="Done" oldStatus="Finished" view="fieldscreen" destinationStep="//@workflows.2/@steps.4" screen="//@fieldScreens.0">
        <validators description="Required fields:
          <b>Resolution</b>    " className="com.googlecode.jsu.workflow.validator.FieldsRequiredValidator">
          <objectProperties name="hidFieldsList" referencedObjects="//@fields.13"/>
        </validators>

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2014

For anyone interested in our backlog we have a feature which will allow you to view all dependencies between configuration objects in your JIRA instance including plug-in usage.

Suggest an answer