where do I find board admin permssion

Richard DiNardo October 9, 2019

I have looked at documentation and clicked pretty much everywhere and cannot locate where I give a project admin the ability to administer the board (ie. add/edit columns). It's mentioned in numerous places that they need this permission but no reference as to where I assign this permission to the user. 

Please help me locate this?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Finally found it. As an admin to to the board. From the board button drop down in upper right choose configure board. Then from this screen there is a list of who can administer it which becomes editable when you hover over it. Then just type and add the user (no save button) just seems to happen automatically once they've been added to that field

0 votes
Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2019

Hi @Richard DiNardo

With below steps you will be able to add users to board admin.

1. Navigate to the desired board, then select more ) >  Board settings.
  2. On the Board settings screen, click any of the name(s) in the Administrators field (a 'pencil' icon will appear when you hover over them).

3. Enter the names of the desired users or groups. If you start typing the name, a list of users and groups will be suggested. Press the Enter key when finished.
    Note, the suggested user list will not display if you don't have the 'Browse Users' global permission. However, you can still enter the user names and group names

Thanks, 

Avinash 

Nope. I am a full admin and I do not have a 'more' when I am looking at the board. I do have a (. . .) but it does not have a 'Board Settings' option. The only way I found it is listed below

Suggest an answer