where can we find "jira-config.properties"

Anand Kumar Singh May 30, 2012

i am unable to find this file"jira-config.properties"..where i can find this file

4 answers

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2012

Thw file won't be there by default. You will have to create it the first time in the Home Directory.

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2012

Thank you Jobin for making that point more explicit.

Anand Kumar Singh June 1, 2012

But how shall i crete this file....tellme the steps

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2012

Hmm..Just create it as you do with any other file. The name should be jira-config and extention should be .properties. That's all.

Once created, add the key/value pairs aand restart jiRA.

Christian M. May 25, 2021

On my server it didn't exist. I had to create a new file by that name in the Jira Home Directory located here: "C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA". The .properties file of mine just contained the following three lines:

# THIS IS A JIRA CONFIGURATION FILE CREATED by the System Admins
# Make Date/time stamps actual rather than relative
jira.lf.date.relativize = false

0 votes
Rodrigo Cortez
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2019

Please take a look on How to edit the jira-config.properties  document for full details on that matter.

0 votes
Kevin Mote
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 6, 2012

Some notes:

- Comments can be added to the file with a '#' mark at the beginning of the line.

- Also, strings values must be surrounded with quotes. For example:

#this is a comment
jira.projectkey.warning = Your custom projectkey warning text would go here.

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 30, 2012

Hi,

You did not state which OS you are using, so you need to read these two links and figure out where your Jira home directory is located.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA050/Advanced+JIRA+Configuration

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA050/JIRA+Home+Directory

Darragh Donnelly June 6, 2012

could someone just cut and paste an example of a jira-config.properties file in here?

I know wheres its meant to be. Thanks

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 6, 2012
jira.table.cols.subtasks = issuetype, status, assignee, progress, fixVersions

This is all you might have. Basically it is:

propertyKey = propertyValue

Jeff Maciorowski October 26, 2016

Is there a way to test to see if the system is definitely picking up the values you enter.  Is there page that shows the config changes loaded in the system from this file?

Like Cian O_Reilly likes this

Suggest an answer