when tempo app is installed in jira, all previous logged time is lost from jira

Deepika singh June 21, 2021

I have installed "Tempo" app in jira for time tracking. but as soon as I installed it in jira, my all previous logged time is lost which was logged in other app called "Timesheet", from many of our projects yet that timesheet app is still in the jira.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2021

Hi @Deepika singh ,

When installing Tempo Timesheets on Cloud, all worklogs are synced from the Jira database to the Tempo database (Tempo data resides in a separate database and worklogs are synced between Tempo and JIRA).

This sync can take some time, depending on the number of issues and worklogs in your system. 

You might also want to check the permissions you have in Tempo, as users can only view their own worklogs unless they are given permission to view worklogs of other users. Please take a look at https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/KB/pages/1797652489/Cannot+see+other+users+worklogs for more information about these permissions. 

Best regards,
Susanne Götz
Tempo team 

Deepika singh June 22, 2021

I really appreciate it. it helped. thanks @Susanne Götz _Tempo_  

Suggest an answer