when i try to clone an issue I have a problem. See the details below. Thanks

Manuel Allamellou December 5, 2017

Détails techniques

Numéro de référence du log : 343ec51d-4f17-431f-8175-65d76eb703db

Cause

URL du référent: https://jra.r7.a.bbg/browse/SDNEO-20

java.lang.NullPointerException: null value in entry: summary=null
java.lang.NullPointerException: null value in entry: summary=null
	at com.google.common.collect.CollectPreconditions.checkEntryNotNull(CollectPreconditions.java:33) [guava-18.0.jar:?]
	at com.google.common.collect.SingletonImmutableBiMap.<init>(SingletonImmutableBiMap.java:39) [guava-18.0.jar:?]
	at com.google.common.collect.ImmutableBiMap.of(ImmutableBiMap.java:57) [guava-18.0.jar:?]
	at com.google.common.collect.ImmutableMap.of(ImmutableMap.java:80) [guava-18.0.jar:?]
	at com.atlassian.jira.bc.issue.DefaultIssueService$2.getFieldValuesHolder(DefaultIssueService.java:581) [classes/:?]
	at com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.SummarySystemField.validateParams(SummarySystemField.java:114) [classes/:?]
	at com.atlassian.jira.bc.issue.DefaultIssueService.validateClone(DefaultIssueService.java:595) [classes/:?]
	at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.issue.CloneIssueDetails.doValidation(CloneIssueDetails.java:173) [classes/:?]
	at webwork.action.ActionSupport.validate(ActionSupport.java:391) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?]
	at webwork.action.ActionSupport.execute(ActionSupport.java:162) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?]
	at com.atlassian.jira.action.JiraActionSupport.execute(JiraActionSupport.java:63) [jira-api-7.2.4.jar:?]
	at webwork.interceptor.DefaultInterceptorChain.proceed(DefaultInterceptorChain.java:39) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?]
	at webwork.interceptor.NestedInterceptorChain.proceed(NestedInterceptorChain.java:31) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?]
	at webwork.interceptor.ChainedInterceptor.intercept(ChainedInterceptor.java:16) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?]
	at webwork.interceptor.DefaultInterceptorChain.proceed(DefaultInterceptorChain.java:35) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?]
	at webwork.dispatcher.GenericDispatcher.executeAction(GenericDispatcher.java:225) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?]
	at webwork.dispatcher.GenericDispatcher.executeAction(GenericDispatcher.java:154) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?]
	at com.atlassian.jira.web.dispatcher.JiraWebworkActionDispatcher.service(JiraWebworkActionDispatcher.java:141) [classes/:?]
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServle

2 answers

0 votes
Manuel Allamellou December 5, 2017

Thank you for your answer, I confirm that all users have the same problem.

I'm going to verify the summary field.

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2017

Hi Manuel,

• Does this happen in all Projects
  • Does this happen with all users, e.g. Admin and non-admin?

In the past when I've seen this there have been a couple causes:

1. A permissions issue
  2. The Summary field is not on a necessary screen

If you can confirm admins and non-admins alike run into the same issue, the next step is going to verify the Summary field exists on all the screens such as the Create Issue Screen.

Cheers,

Branden

Carmen Bullock October 30, 2019

I am having this same issue. I have checked the permissions and the summary field on the screens and they are okay. I get this when I try to clone on the parent or subtask: admin.errors.exception java.lang.NullPointerException

Like Lei likes this

Suggest an answer