when deleting group what can be affected

Karim Belhadj January 30, 2019

Hello team 

i found this question in a web site , and really i can't reply correctly .

• The last user of a group leaves. You want to delete the group. Which of these can cause errors or bad data to be shown to users? 

• SharedFilters

• Group Subscriptions

• Notification schemes

• Watched issues

• BoardShare

can some one help me , and please i need explaination for that .

Best regards

3 answers

2 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2019

Where did you find this question?  Is this part of Jira certification or training in some way?

To try to answer your question, just about all of these can negatively affect how Jira works, for the exception being watched issues.   I don't believe that watching issues has any affect in regards to deleting a group from Jira.    There is some more details about what can happen when deleting a group in Jira in View Create or Delete a Group - Delete a group.  There is a note on that page about doing this:

Before you delete

• Check whether the group is being used by any permission schemesemail notification schemesissue security levels, or saved filters.
  • Consider the impact this may have on users in that group. For example, if a user receives access to a specific feature only from this group, then the user will no longer have that permission and it may impact their work.

Since Boards in Jira are dependent on shared filters, they too are susceptible to having problems displaying if they are setup to share to a group that has been deleted from Jira.

Roberto Miasack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2021

Hi, @Andy Heinzer !

I'm researching a little about what I remember about the certification and I ended up finding this post, I believe that one of the impacts is also the visibility of the comments.

Cheers!

0 votes
Samuel Westen November 30, 2021

*delete

0 votes
Lucas Rodrigues de Oliveira
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2020

Hi Karim,

I've test all possibilities and all the options are very important but, the announcement talking about a error message. In my test only Permission Schemes and Group Subscriptions show me the message when i tried delete the  group.

So the answer is  Group Subscriptions

Samuel Westen November 30, 2021

I created a group, subscribed it to a filter and then deleted the group, a modal popped up advising that you should check certain things like Permissions Schemes when deleting a group but nothing specific to Group Subscriptions.

Suggest an answer