when Assignee is assigned to any people automatically the status should change - how to do in jira

Dinesh July 11, 2017

assignee, status change automatically

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2017

You'll need to find a listener that can detect the change of assignee and trigger a workflow transition.

I suspect the automation add-on can do this, and the Scripting add-ons you'll find in the marketplace can do it as well.

Dinesh July 11, 2017

ok with out add-ons i am trying to do that.

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2017

you can't do it without add-ons

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2017

That isn't an out of the box feature. You'd need a plugin (I don't know if one exists for this) or write a listener. 

Dinesh July 11, 2017

what is the listener option for that in jira

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2017

You need to use an add-on to install a listener that can execute your business logic.

Suggest an answer