whats the best/safest way to query a jira internal database with JJUPIN?

eric anier
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2014

Hi all,

We need to get a data from our internal oracle database and found that sql() routine of Jjupin could be use, but i cant find example and feedback about it if its the best and safe to use?

can anybody help us on this?

Thanks,

eric

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Silviu Burcea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2014

Hi,

You can safely use the sql routine. You need to define a new datasource(even for the default JIRA database) and that's it. We also have the free Database Custom Field (DBCF) plugin. You can use it too if you just want to retrieve some data from database.

You can find examples here:

SQL Routine docs

Best regards,

Silviu

eric anier
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 6, 2014

Hi Silviu,

I was able to use the sql() routine with my internal database(Oracle) without defining the datasource, I just use my oracle SID as the JNDIstring and it works well, is this OK?

Also should I not worry about closing the session/connection everytime i use sql() routine?

Thanks,

eric

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 6, 2014

Yes, it is ok.

Do not bother, we close it correctly on finally so you do not need to care about it. So you should be fine all the time.

Silviu Burcea
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 6, 2014

Hi Eric,

Yes, that's ok, the first parameter is a JNDI name, as long as you have it configured, you can use it. You don't need to worry about session/connection. we handle that for you.

Best,

Silviu

eric anier
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 6, 2014

Thanks a lot guys, jjupin really give us more capability on jira.

0 votes
Silviu Burcea July 6, 2014

Hi,

You can safely use the sql routine. You need to define a new datasource(even for the default JIRA database) and that's it. We also have the free Database Custom Field (DBCF) plugin. You can use it too if you just want to retrieve some data from database.

You can find examples here:

SQL Routine docs

Best regards,

Silviu

Suggest an answer