what level of permissions should be required to hide a cover image in a board

buchs July 17, 2021

I have a user who is a Project Admin and has created a board for the project. He wants to hide cover images but does not see that option. He was following this Q&A: 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-Server-questions/Is-there-a-way-to-not-show-thumbnail-images-in-Board-view-of-a/qaq-p/1349453

Does he need to be more than project admin to do this?

Note the specific behavior he sees is that when a user creates an issue and attaches an image it becomes a cover image in the card and makes it hard to read. He can turn off the cover for cards, one-by-one, but that is tedious. 

2 answers

0 votes
buchs July 19, 2021

The option to hide cover images only shows up when at least one card is showing a cover image. I consider it a defect in the UI.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2021

if you believe there is a bug please report to Atlassian Support

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2021

So the Post that you showed a link for is actually for server/data center not cloud. Now I have never seen an image applied to a card. Is this by chance a TMP project? The reason I ask is I wonder if a new feature is being applied that I’m not yet familiar with. Can you show a screenshot of what is being seen?

buchs July 19, 2021

Hi @Jack Brickey - thanks for the reply. Yes, we use the cloud version, but the link was pointing to server version. This is not a TMP project (though I'm not exactly sure what that is!). I cannot capture an image at this point, because...

The user figured out that the option to Hide Cover Images only appears when a cover image is actually showning on a card. So, that seems a broken UI. He has hidden the images now, so I can't capture an example.

Suggest an answer