what is the ranking of priority?

sferrell615 June 19, 2013

based on how the issues are organized after selecting the priority column i am presuming that the ranking of priorities is as listed below. i am surpised that minor (green down arrow) and trivial (small green down arrow) are a higher ranking priority than medium (red up arrow) and very high (red up arrow). this is not intuitive at all. please correct me if i'm wrong.

critical (long dotted red up arrow)

major (red up arrow)

minor (green down arrow)

trivial (small green down arrow)

medium (red up arrow)

very high (red up arrow)

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2013

I'd say one of your administrators has added two priorities to your system and not realised/remembered to re-order the priorities to a more logical order

That's based on the fact that the default, off-the-shelf, list of priorities is critical/major/minor/trivial, and they're in the obvious sensible order. Medium and very-high are not standard, and appear at the bottom of your list, where new priorities would be added

Go to admin -> priorities and get the list, you'll see up/down arrows to the right for re-arranging the presentation order.

sferrell615 June 19, 2013

awesome. thanks!

Suggest an answer