what is the max limit that we can have in 'jira.search.views.default.max = ?'

umapathy Bomman January 3, 2013

Hi

We are using Jira 5.0.2,we need to know the max limit for 'jira.search.views.default.max'.

And also please let me know if there are any Performance issue if we are setting the max limit to 5000.

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2013

As Renjith said, there is no real maximum although I imagine it would

However, I would point out that around 25% of ALL the performance issues I've found with Jira have been traced to people absolutely thrashing the server with requests for more than 1000. I'd leave it at a 1000 and for a heavily used installation, actually think about reducing it.

0 votes
Sultan Maiyaki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2013

Please have a look at the response here on how t set a higher value https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/22733/apache-output-to-excel-limited-to-1000-rows?page=1#23698 . Because of performance issues, it is not advisable to have it set permanaently but you can make use of it only when needed on the fly

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2013

While I do not have a maximum value (I guess what a java int can support), setting a higher value definitely is not good. It can result in JIRA trying to dig out all issues when users try to query with board criteria in Issue Navigator.

Suggest an answer