what is the best tool to sync DB with Jira?

Maor Avitan December 12, 2019

I am looking for a good tool to sync in real-time data from Jira to Postgress and from Postgress to Jira.
for example, when changing the status of an issue I would like that certain entity in the DB will update as well.
i found this tool: 
https://www.stitchdata.com/integrations/jira/postgresql/

however, the data sync in a minimum 30 min. and this is not good enough for me.
before i will develop it by myself i would like to know if someone knows a better solution...
Tnx.

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2019

Hello Maor, 

Thank you for reaching out.

There are some apps on Atlassian Marketplace that provide real-time sync between Jira Cloud and DB, while the top-rated is the one provided by the partner codefortynine GmbH. Please check some of them below:

External Data for Jira Fields - by codefortynine GmbH - Documentation here

Sync Custom Database with Atlassian Apps - ConnectALL - Documentation click here.

Also, please feel free to search Atlassian Marketplace for more options:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/ 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Maor Avitan December 14, 2019

both are not good enough for me.

codefortynine is a service that can sync data only in one direction from external DB to Jira. 

ConnactALL looks like it can do the job for my require however it is a very expansive service, it cost $16K per year, really not mu budget, it is more for big companies.

I need a more lightweight solution...

Maor Avitan December 14, 2019

both are not good enough for my requirements.

codefortynine works only in one direction from an external source to Jira.

and ConnectAll is doing the job however it is a very expensive to service, costs $16K per year.

i need a service that can sync data in real-time in both direction and more affordable.

Thomas Opiolka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2019

Hi,

thanks @Petter Gonçalves for mentioning External Data for Jira Fields as a possible solution.

As @Maor Avitan already mentioned our app can sync external data into Jira however not in the other direction.

If there are further questions or feedback don't hesitate to get in touch with us via support@codefortynine.com

Best,

Thomas

Suggest an answer