Hi All

Can any one give purpose of script runner in jira 4.2

Thanks

2 answers

1 vote
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2012
It allows you to run quick scripts using the full power of the JIRA API and core without reverting to using a plugin. For example you can Rename a user Build a script to auto add particular user or groups to roles and permissions It's mainly for admin and maintenance I guess, at least that is what I used it for. I thi k you can also write scripts for workflows but I haven't
0 votes
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2012
It allows you to run quick scripts using the full power of the JIRA API and core without reverting to using a plugin. For example you can Rename a user Build a script to auto add particular user or groups to roles and permissions It's mainly for admin and maintenance I guess, at least that is what I used it for. I thi k you can also write scripts for workflows but I haven't

Suggest an answer